Monday, August 10, 2009

on a reflective note

well, we're almost done and I can honestly say, I am sad that we'll be parting ways. Yes, I am talking to you:) Okay, we're not entirely parting ways if we continue to peek on one another's blogs, but the coming together in WebCT (aka eclass) will be missed. These last few days of class and the intense coverage of everything blog-related has brought to a self-realization that I love this. And by "this" I mean blogging. It's only now that I am getting into the swing of write/read web. I am finally exploring other edublogs (a gold mine of humor, by the way), beginning to comment on the bloggers I am adding to my RSS feed...well you know what I mean, we're in the same boat, for petes sake!

I am contemplating on whether to keep this blog for the coming school year. Do I start a new one and explore my academic year with a fresh interface and fresh blog? Or just keep this blog and fiddle around with it's structure. I am conflicted. Anybody have suggestions? I'd like to hear what you think.

I do realize that this may be a head start on the reflection we have to submit at the end...oh well:P

7 comments:

  1. I am going to start a new blog and link it to the library site. Two reason, number one I think I want to try something other than wordpress and two, my purpose is changing.

    But that is just me.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the thought, Kelly! I just want to hear why other people may or may not change their blog. Those are very good reasons, and I guess it comes back to what this blog may be - an e-portfolio. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to continue this one (well, mine, not yours!) and continue to explore Web 2.0 technologies/tools. So maybe it depends on if your changing your focus or not...

    (Really, I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" choice!)

    p.s. I like your sidebar headings and links! I'll have to explore them later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea,
    I think I will only continue with a blog as a method of communicating with my students and encouraging some interaction and reflection from them. Kind of like what I've done in webCT in the past but take it one step further. And i wouldn't mind trying Wordpress - I found Blogger easy to use but with lots of glitches in formatting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. N James, I am once again conflicted! Wordpress or Blogger! which to choose...I'm scared to leave Blogger because I've become comfortable with it, and I know what I can do with it, yet at the same time, is the interface green on the other side (wordpress)? What were the formatting glitches?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Andrea,
    I'm so glad you wrote this to get everyone's thoughts on the future of our blogs. I feel our blogs represent our digital footprints of our time together.
    Now, are they footprints in sand or cement?

    There's not many bloggers on East coast, Eh?

    I hope to hear from anyone who starts a new blog, too. K?

    I already decided that I will keep my blog going. It will be a challenge yet I look forward to adding non assignment writing to it.

    I hope to get better at "writing for audience."

    It is nice to already "know" people in the blogging world so I am excited to see that many of you have voted for keeping it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the thoughts, Dawn.
    That is an excellent question! Is our digital footprints in sand or cement? I plan to continue blogging, and I will give notice on THIS blog if I so change to another blog. I will also leave a url to connect to. If you are keeping your current blog intact as you explore blogging in-depth, than I will definitely be following you:) And it is wonderful that we have a blogging community that we can exchange, refer and write to.

    ReplyDelete